Stars donate coats to help those in poverty
CELEBRITIES are literally giving the clothes off their backs to help those in need.
The Wrap Up Against Poverty winter coat auction is being held by Elizabeth Finn Care, which knows how hard it is for the 13.5million people living below the poverty line in the UK to afford essential winter clothing. Money raised from the auction will help them do so.
Novelist Esther Freud, who has a home in Walberswick, is one of those donating a coat.
She said: “The jacket is designed by my sister Bella, a beautiful silky check with a pink stripe which I hope brings happiness to whoever buys it. I hope too that the money raised brings warmth and comfort to someone who may feel they are forgotten.”
Items have also been donated by Welsh actress Rakie Ayola, Coronation Street actress Julie Hesmondhalgh, The Apprentice’s Ruth Badger, Miss England Jess Linley, Esther’s cousin Emma Freud and her film director husband Richard Curtis, actress Sienna Miller, presenter Christine Bleakley, personality and model Tamara Ecclestone, radio and TV presenter Fearne Cotton, Cherie Blair and actress Lynda Bellingham.
You may also want to watch:
Malcolm Tyndall, director at Elizabeth Finn Care, added: “We have some wonderful coats to auction and we really appreciate the celebrities’ generosity. By supporting the auction you could not only win a coat worn by one of your favourite celebrities, but you will also be helping us to ensure people in financial need have warm clothes to wear during the winter months.”
The online auction begins on January 31. Visit www.elizabethfinncare.co.uk for more details.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season