Status Quo to play Newmarket Nights this summer
- Credit: Archant
Status Quo will be rocking all over the July Course this summer as part of this year’s Newmarket Nights line-up.
Founded by Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt, they have sold more than 118million records during their 48-year career. The July 17 gig will be the fourth time they’ve played Newmarket Racecourses.
The band said: “We’re absolutely delighted to be returning to Newmarket, especially as Quo were one of the first artists to successfully combine the great mix of rock ‘n’ racing when we first played at Newmarket in 2003. Add to the package a great East Anglian audience and we’re all set for a memorable night.”
Tickets go sale from 9am this Friday via www.thejockeyclublive.co.uk.
“We’are thrilled Newmarket Racecourses will be rocking all over for the fourth time in the 21st Century to the iconic sounds of the legendary Status Quo,” added Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses.
“They wowed enormous crowds on the Adnams July Course in 2003, 2006 and 2009 – and, after that six-year interval, we’re delighted our visitors will be able once again to enjoy the music of one of the greatest English rock bands in history.”
Other acts playing Newmarket Racecourses include Kylie, Kaiser Chiefs, Madness, Sir Tom Jones, Spandau Ballet, McBusted and Boyzone.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man