Stephen Fry and Johnny Vegas sign up for Ipswich celebrity Christmas show
- Credit: PA/Matt Crossick/Archant
Stephen Fry and Johnny Vegas are set to feature in a star-studded line-up for a Christmas comedy extravaganza at Ipswich's Regent Theatre.
Along with Eddie Izzard, the comedians are headlining 'Happy Christmas Ipswich 2', which has been organised by Suffolk-based Griff Rhys Jones in support of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
The first event was held in 2019, but the 2020 incarnation was one of many shows that fell victim to the Covid pandemic.
This year's festivities will also feature Clive Anderson, Irish comic Ed Byrne and West End star Ruthie Henshall.
Tickets for the December 6 event start at £40.
Kevin Clements, EACH director of fundraising, said: "We’re very much looking forward to our big night in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
"The event in 2019 was great fun, hugely popular and, most importantly, raised tens of thousands of pounds for EACH.
"Hopefully this year’s show will be bigger and better and raise even more money.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
"Griff has put together a very impressive, high-profile list of celebrity acts and it should be a very special evening.
"Tickets are selling fast and my advice would be to get in fast because it’s going to be an unmissable night."
A link to buy tickets can be found here.