Stowmarket Operatic and Dramatic Society’s adaption of Tess Of The d’Urbervilles runs until Saturday
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk drama society is performing its autumn production this week.
Stowmarket Operatic and Dramatic Society is performing Thomas Hardy’s Tess Of The d’Urbervilles at the John Peel Centre in the town.
Tess is a low born country girl in Victorian Wessex.
When her father learns the family has links to ancient nobility she is sent out into the world to use that knowledge to save them from destitution.
The adaption of the novel, by Ciaran McConville, is performed in-the-round, close to and surrounded by the audience which will be seated on all four sides of the acting area.
You may also want to watch:
Directed by David Vince, the performance features a cast of some 30 actors.
The play runs until Saturday, at 7.30pm each evening, with a matinee at 2.30pm on the Saturday.
Some performances are sold out so people are advised check availability at the John Peel Centre box office in Church Walk, to call 01449 774678, or to book online
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found