Stowmarket: StowFest announced to run again for 2013
MORE than 20 music acts have been booked to play a music festival which is expecting more than 3,000 people to attend.
StowFest, which was launched in 2007, will be staged at the end of May on Chilton Fields, Stowmarket.
Now the organisers of the event want community groups and charities to contact them to be part of the festival.
Organiser Daniel Harvey said: “We want to create more of a community atmosphere at StowFest this year and to help us achieve that we want to have as many local charity and community groups on the Saturday as possible.
Acts confirmed to play include Suffolk band Polar Collective, Brighton-based pop/folk outfit The Common Tongues and acoustic troubadour Matthew P.
You may also want to watch:
A festival programme will be distributed to 12,000 homes in the Stowmarket area.
Charities wanting to book a stall at StowFest should email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of what their stall will be providing and the charity they will be supporting.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 9 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
The event, which is organised by Stowmarket Town Council in partnership with Stowmarket Rugby Club, will be held on the evening of Friday, May 31, and all day on Saturday, June 1.
The date of the free blues festival StowBlues, held at the Museum of East Anglian Life, has also been announced. It will be held on Saturday, May 25. Any bands interested in playing StowBlues should contact Mike Rushmore at email@example.com