Stunning Suffolk scenes and natural history images among highlights of Wingfield Barns exhibition
- Credit: Liz Cutting
Almost 300 impressive images will be displayed for a fortnight from this Saturday at a rural Suffolk exhibition venue.
The East Anglian region of the Royal Photographic Society stages its annual exhibition at Wingfield Barns, near Stradbroke, until Sunday, October 23.
Featuring prints and projected images, the exhibition is the highlight of the regional society’s year and comprises a wide variety of genres, including 60 natural history images.
Exhibition co-ordinator, Moira Ellice said: “This year, a Royal Photographic Society gold medal was awarded for the selectors’ best print and for the selectors’ best projected image.
“Royal Photographic Society ribbons were also awarded by each of the selectors for their favourite print and projected image.
You may also want to watch:
“The East Anglia region is very grateful to Wayne, the shop floor manager at Hughes of Martlesham, who organised the loan of a large TV monitor for the duration of the exhibition.
“Without Hughes’ generosity, the region would not have been able to show the outstanding projected image exhibition to visitors.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
The free exhibition opens at Wingfield Barns on Saturday. The barns are open between 11am and 4.00pm from Wednesdays to Sundays.