Stunt show mayhem in Ipswich and Colchester
FEEL the ground rumble under your feet as monster trucks crush cars beneath their wheels, hear the twisting metal of vehicles crashing into each other, smell the burning rubber of the full throttle motorcycle stunts.
Scott May’s Daredevil Stunt Show is the largest of its kind in Europe - and it comes to Colchester’s Ardleigh Car Boot Site from 7pm this Tuesday and Ipswich’s Trinity Park Showground from 7pm this Wednesday.
Having toured for nearly 20 years, it’s a fast-moving, action-packed show with monster truck mayhem, Europe’s only monster ride-truck, car-crushing action from the tank-monster truck hybrid Thundertrax, motorcycle, quad and all-terrain buggy jumps, car crashes, fire stunts and more.
Chris Birch from Haverhill will perform a jaw-dropping, adrenaline fuelled display that will include an amazing motorbike backflip; conditions permitting.
The current British Freestyle Motocross Champion - who spends the winter months in the south of Spain so he can continue his training all year round - has travelled the world, competing in some of the biggest FMX events and taking it to countries where it has never been seen before.
You may also want to watch:
He’s been a main rider in the Red Bull X-fighters Exhibition tours since 2007. In 2009 he was one of the four riders who gave a demonstration in front of one of the wonders of the world, the Pyramids in Giza. He also competed in the Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour at Battersea Power Station in 2009 and 2010.
Considered Britain’s number one Freestyle Motocross rider, Chris confirmed his status as Britain’s number one by winning the Bolddog FMX British Championship last June.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 6 Ipswich Hospital confirms 'significant' Covid outbreak in past fortnight
- 7 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 8 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 'They don't trust me and I don't trust them' - Cook on 'jittery' atmosphere
Other highlights will include incredible two-wheel driving displays featuring a quad, buggy, car, van and - believe it or not - a lorry on two-wheels at some venues.
There will be a freestyle motocross ramp system where spectators will see some of the UK’s top FMX athletes flying between ramps at heights approaching 40 feet, pulling off insane tricks and manoeuvres.
Visitors brave enough to climb in one of the show’s mega monster machines have the chance to win a ride in Europe’s only ride-on monster truck. The aptly named Slaine has ten seats in the back to thrill the lucky winners of the draw.
There is a second monster truck, The Bandit, and the adapted tracked vehicle ThunderTrax causing massive destruction.
Other treats in store include fire, pyrotechnics and the infamous Stunt clown, who will be bouncing into things and causing trouble wherever he decides to get involved.