Sudbury gearing up for party in the park in Belle Vue Park
- Credit: Archant
A marching band, jive dancers and a procession of samba drummers are among the attractions expected to pull in thousands of visitors to a ‘party in the park’ event in west Suffolk next weekend.
Now in its seventh year, the family day which will take place on Sunday July 19 in Belle Vue Park, Sudbury, offers a range of activities from sporting challenges to dance demonstrations and live music.
This year the free all-day event, which aims to raise the profile of the diverse range of clubs and groups in and around the town, will be opened in spectacular style by the Suffolk School of Samba – specialists in Brazilian music and carnival dance.
Organisers, Sudbury Town Council, are hoping to top last year’s crowd of around 4,000. Visitors will be able to kick back and relax with a picnic in the award-winning park and soak up entertainment ranging from displays by local groups such as the Phoenix Suffolk Community Marchers and modern jive dancing by Ceroc to martial arts, baby ballet, keep fit, exercise routines and rugby.
Out of the main arena, the more energetic can take part in a selection of activities including a circus workshop, football skills, bowls, golf, music drop-in sessions, bungee trampolines, a climbing wall, a portable mountain bike track system and tennis coaching.
You may also want to watch:
The day, which runs from 11am to 9pm, will be topped off with performances by local bands throughout the evening.
Call 01787 372331 for details.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 7 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk