Suffolk: Bill Nighy presents documentary film-maker Leslie Woodhead with a lifetime achievement award
ONE of Britain’s most celebrated documentary film-makers was recognised at a festival in Suffolk on Saturday.
Actor Bill Nighy presented Leslie Woodhead with a lifetime achievement award at the Aldeburgh Documentary Festival.
Woodhead first made his name as a reporter for Granada Television’s flagship current affairs series World in Action.
His film documentary work includes The Hunt for Bin Laden, My Life as a Spy and Star Wars Dreams.
Paying tribute to Mr Woodhead’s documentary work, Mr Nighy said: “In a world that is often unreliably described by commercial industries, we increasingly look elsewhere for the facts and for the true wonder of the world.
You may also want to watch:
“For his brilliant and unique contribution to the genre it gives me great pleasure on behalf of the Aldeburgh Documentary Festival, to award its very first Lifetime Achievement Award to one of the original masters of the universe, Mr Leslie Woodhead.”
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143