Suffolk’s young musicians ‘eager to showcase their talent’ at world-class concert venue
- Credit: Archant
Young Suffolk musicians will be showcasing their talents to audiences at one of the county’s best known concert venues.
Three flagship groups from the Suffolk County Music Service (SCMS) will open this season’s programme at Snape Maltings on Friday as part of the “County Ensemble” programme.
Head of SCMS David Stowe said: “These talented young musicians return to Snape Maltings for the fantastic opportunity that is performing on a world-class concert stage.
“Following in the footsteps of renowned professional musicians, our County Ensembles are eager to showcase their talent this April.
“As the new Head of Suffolk County Music Service, it is also a delight for me to experience the hard work and dedication that Suffolk’s youngsters never fail to put into their music-making.”
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Youth Orchestra aims to take audiences on a “global journey”, including Turina’s Danzas Fantasticas, Sheldon’s Danzas Cubanas and Butterworth’s A Shropshire Lad.
Suffolk Young Strings and Suffolk Youth Wind Ensemble – all with members aged 13-19 – will perform a varied programme including works by Boyce, Debussy, Pachelbel and more.
Tickets costing £6-£12 are available from Snape Maltings website or by calling 01728 687110.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'