Suffolk: Elbow and Paul Weller to headline Latitude 2012
THE line-up has been announced for this year’s Latitude Festival at Henham Park, near Southwold.
Classical superstar Lang Lang is to play his first outdoor festival on the bill, alongside headliners Elbow and Paul Weller.
The Chinese-born concert pianist has played sell-out performances around the world and recently played for President Obama at the White House.
Other stars on the bill for the Suffolk festival - known for its eclectic line-up - include Grammy-winning Bon Iver, Wild Beasts and The Horrors.
Latitude 2012 - which takes place from July 12 to 15 at Southwold - will feature Jack Dee, Tim Minchin and Reginald D Hunter among its comedy performers.
You may also want to watch:
Other music stars set to appear include Bat For Lashes, Metronomy, Laura Marling, Richard Hawley and Janelle Monae, along with veterans such as Simple Minds, Daryl Hall and Thomas Dolby.
Heartthrob physicist turned broadcaster Brian Cox is on the bill as he brings his Radio 4 show The Infinite Monkey Cage to a festival for the first time, along with co-host Robin Ince.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
And the line-up of literary figures who are putting in appearances includes Iain Banks, Alan Moore and punk-poet John Cooper Clarke.
Melvin Benn, the founder of the festival, said: "This year's line-up will once again see Latitude present a bill of sensational artists at the peak of their careers.
"Superstar pianist Lang Lang is one of the world's biggest live and recording artists, and we're delighted to welcome him to his first ever outdoor festival. Bon Iver, Elbow and Paul Weller are all headliners with outstanding pedigrees, which we're thrilled to welcome."