Suffolk: Eliza Doolittle to headline Harvest at Jimmy’s
AN acclaimed singer currently riding high after top ten chart success will headline a Suffolk music and food festival later this year.
Eliza Doolittle has been confirmed as the main act to play at Harvest at Jimmy’s - staged at Jimmy’s Farm - from September 9 - 12.
The 22-year-old will perform at the venue in Wherstead near Ipswich alongside a host of up-and-coming acts including guitarist Benjamin Francis Leftwich.
Doolittle has enjoyed success in both the singles and album charts over the past two years.
Her debut, self-titled album, Eliza Doolittle was released in July last year and debuted at number three in the UK.
Since the album’s release, she has had two top 25 hits, including ‘Skinny Genes’ and ‘Pack Up’ which reached number five in the singles charts.
The event at the venue owned by celebrity farmer Jimmy Doherty will also give people a chance to taste produce by a number of top chefs and camp at the site overnight.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town
A spokesman for Big Wheel, the event organisers, said: “We are incredibly excited to announce the line up for this year, it’s great to have so many of our favourite musicians and foodies involved.
“We’ve got some magical plans up our sleeve for both festivals so we look forward to a bumper Harvest!”
Guests will be able to tuck into a variety of dishes prepared by chefs including Richard Corrigan, Mary Berry as well as gardening TV presenter Monty Don.
There will also be cookery and gardening workshops while families can enjoy a variety of entertainment live on stage including Charlie and Lola and The Gruffalo.
For more information on Harvest at Jimmy’s visit www.harvestatjimmys.com.