Suffolk: Hollywood blockbuster Fast and Furious 6 shoots at Bentwaters
THE team behind The Fast and the Furious franchise have filmed in some exotic locations - California, Florida, Georgia and Arizona in America; Tokyo in Japan, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama City, Pueto Rico and Brazil’s Rio de Janeiro. Now they can add Rendlesham to the list.
“Fast and Furious 6 have a secondary film unit filming at Bentwaters Parks for several weeks,” confirmed unit publicist Carol McConnaughey.
“None of the film’s principal cast will be on hand during filming. Unfortunately I’m not able to comment about the specifics of our scenes or vehicles.”
It’s been reported filming will move to Glasgow later this month, with about 250 people involved in shooting night scenes.
Mystery surrounds the plot of the latest movie, scheduled for a UK release next May.
You may also want to watch:
The last saw elite illegal street racers Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel), his sister Mia (Jordana Brewster) and disgraced cop Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker) pulling one last job while trying to steer clear of super federal agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson).
All four are listed in the cast of the sixth instalment. Singer Rihanna is rumoured to have a role and Michelle Rodriguez is credited as Toretto’s supposedly dead lover Letty.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
The former RAF and US Air Force base has been used for TV series including Top Gear, Fifth Gear, Driving Wars, X-Fire, Space Cadets, UFO Hunters and True Stories; documentaries on subjects ranging from the Second World War to Waco, fashion shoots, car adverts and music videos for the likes of Athlete, Professor Green and Devlin.
Films shot there in recent years include horror thriller Stormhouse, thriller The Numbers Station and zombie movies Stag Night of the Dead and World of the Dead The Zombie Diaries.
Did you see any of the Fast and Furious 6 filming? E-mail email@example.com
For regional, national and world entertainment news follow me on Twitter @WhatsonWayne