Suffolk 'improv' comedy group readies new show
- Credit: Insert Laughter Here
Suffolk-based improv comedy troupe [Insert Laughter Here] are already looking ahead to the new year with two brand new improvised comedy shows set to be unveiled.
Established in early 2019, [Insert Laughter Here] are bouncing back from the frustrations of lockdown and with additional team members are now stronger and more creative than ever.
Playing a series of games in the style of Whose Line is it Anyway? the performers will take suggestions from the audience of ingredients such as scenarios, lines of dialogue and character quirks, using them to create hilarious scenes from scratch.
Previous highlights have included glowing-haired aliens on a strange planet, a high-stakes bank heist that went horribly wrong, and a shopping trip in the style of a nature documentary.
Everything is made up on the spot using input from the audience, no two shows will ever be the same.
While planning for the New Year, [Insert Laughter Here] still have one show left on the calendar for 2021 at Upstairs at the Market Cross, Bury St Edmunds, on Saturday November 13, at 8pm.
The two shows in the New Year are at the Fisher Theatre, Bungay, on Friday January 21 and Wednesday March 23, 2022.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 9 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 10 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
The experienced cast features James Ducker (Ministers of Grace: The Shakespearean Parody of Ghostbusters), Hayley Evenett (Mockery Manor, the award-winning audio drama podcast) and Ivan Wilkinson (The Scarlet Pimpernell) along with Abigail Cameron-Laker (Pride & Prejudice), Jake Jarvis (Goodnight Mister Tom); Mark Taylor (local pantomime favourite) and producer and director Aaron Weight.
For all of the shows there is a minimum recommended age of 16+ because nothing is planned and the performers can (and often do) perform scenes which contain adult content or swearing.