Suffolk shows its class with four restaurants in the UK’s top 100 – better than Norfolk and Cambridge!
- Credit: Archant
Four restaurants in Suffolk feature in SquareMeal’s top 100 in the UK, as voted by reviewers and customers.
All four of the county’s best are in the west of Suffolk, with none in the east.
Three out of those four are in Bury St Edmunds, with Maison Bleue at 56, Pea Porridge at 60 and 1921 in at 90.
The Great House at Lavenham, which comes in at 68, completes the four in Suffolk.
Over the border in Norfolk there are three in top the 100.
Roger Hickman’s Restaurant is at 55 and Benedict’s is ranked 63rd, with both in Norwich.
Morston Hall in Holt comes in at 83.
- 1 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 2 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 4 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 5 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 6 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 7 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 8 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 9 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 10 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
There are just two in Cambridgeshire – Midsummer House at 3 and Alimentum at 18.
Despite Suffolk trouncing its border counties in the SquareMeal list, with not a single Essex restaurant making the top 100, no Suffolk eatery has a Michelin star.
Cambridge and Norfolk have two each.
The full 2016 rankings can be found here www.squaremeal.co.uk/news/uk-top-100-restaurants-2016