Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran’s new single with Beyonce hits third in the UK charts
- Credit: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP
Ed Sheeran’s newly released single – a duet with Beyonce – has reached number three in the UK charts.
The Framlingham singer’s re-release of his track Perfect, performed with the American superstar, took place at midnight last night.
Bookies have tipped it as favourite for the Christmas number one.
Today it fell short of immediately hitting the top spot in the charts, which was held onto by Camila Cabello’s Havana for a fifth straight week.
Rita Ora’s song Anywhere was a close contender though, with only just over 1,000 sales separating the two.
You may also want to watch:
However, Ed Sheeran’s album Divide has been confirmed by the Official Charts Company as the fast-selling album of the year in the UK – selling 672,000 copies in the first week of its release.
Second place – Human, by Rag’n’Bone Man – was some way behind with 117,000 copies sold in the same time frame.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
Topping the album charts this week is Noel Gallagher’s third album Who Built The Moon?
In second place is Sam Smith’s The Thrill Of It All, while Little Mix’s former number one, Glory Days, rocketed back up to third following the release of a platinum edition.