Suffolk superstar Ed Sheeran announces “new music coming Friday”
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk superstar Ed Sheeran his millions of fans an early New Year treat with a short video message announcing he will releasing new songs in the coming days.
The singer, who grew up in Framlingham, tweeted: “Hello 2017...”, to introduce a nine second video to his 16.7million followers.
Holding an A4 sheet of paper with the handwritten words: “New music coming Friday!!”, the A-team star waves to the camera and then jokingly puts the paper in his mouth before the short video ends.
In just a matter of minutes the Tweet had been shared tens of thousands of times among his legions of global fans.
The multi-award winning star had already provoked attention just a few weeks ago when he changed his Twitter profile picture to a plain blue image, exactly a year after he announced he was taking a break from social media. It led to speculation from fans that he was about to release his third album.
You may also want to watch:
Ed’s two previous albums have run along a mathematical symbol theme. His debut “+”, pronounces “plus”, reached number one in the UK charts and sold more than two million copies, while his follow-up “x”, pronounced “multiply”, also reached number one and went nine-times platinum.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer