Superstar Pink is in town tonight!
IPSWICH: With just hours to go until the performance of the year, the final preparations are under way for Pink’s arrival in Ipswich.
Thousands of adoring fans will descend on Portman Road tonight to watch international superstar Pink take to the stage in a highly- anticipated performance which is set to wow fans.
The 30-year-old American singer-songwriter is venturing to Ipswich as part of her Funhouse Carnival Tour – and it is one of only six outdoor arena dates she is playing in the UK this year. She is set to be supported by VV Brown, Hockey and Butch Walker.
With a string of acrobatic talents to her name, the performer is expected to make a grand entrance to captivate her army of fans.
Last month, the talented songstress told the Evening Star that she found it exciting to perform her death-defying stunts.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s so much fun. It all started off pretty simple but it’s developed from there,” she said.
“You need to have more for a show and I have to keep challenging myself all the time. You’ve got to make it bigger and bolder and brasher or what’s the point?”
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
She promised that the night would be the “biggest show” the town had ever seen.
Last night, final preparations were being made to the stage ahead of tonight’s breathtaking performance., where fans will hear all Pink’s biggest hits, including Get The Party Started, There You Go, Just Like A Pill and Stupid Girls.
Terry Baxter, director of communications at Ipswich Town, said that excitement was manifesting across the town.
He said: “We’re obviously delighted to have Pink performing here at Portman Road and I’m sure it’s going to be a fantastic night.
“Pink is one of the top music acts in the world today and the fact that she is joining the likes of REM, Sir Elton John, Neil Diamond and Red Hot Chili Peppers, who have all successfully appeared here over the last few years, once again confirms Portman Road’s status as the number one entertainment venue in the region.”
- Check this website tonight for a report and review of Pink’s show and see tomorrow’s paper for a full report and picture special on the event.
- Send us your pictures of the concert to firstname.lastname@example.org.