T Rex act are ready to get it on at Manor Ballroom
FORMER T Rex drummer Paul Fenton will be master of the sticks when Mickey Finn’s T Rex play The Manor Ballroom tonight.
He recorded extensively and performed both live on tour and for TV performances with Marc Bolan and the band in the UK and the USA from 1973.
The current version of Mickey Finn’s T Rex also includes guitarist Graham Oliver who formed Saxon with Steve Dawson in 1975 and was invited to join after Alan Silson - who had replaced Jack Green - left in 2005. He was asked to perform Get It On with Mickey Finn and Rolan Bolan at 25th anniversary celebration, guesting occasionally with the band from then on.
The rest of The band consists of singer Jay Spargo, bassist Tony Allday, keyboard player Dave Major and backing vocalists Terri Sullivan and Linda Dawson.
“It was an absolute joy and privilege recording and performing with both Marc Bolan and Mickey Finn”, said Paul.
You may also want to watch:
“But this band brings me as much pleasure seeing the happiness and good times audiences have at our shows. At the end of the day we only want to bring the music of Marc and Mickey to the world.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street