Tell an old joke day, did your favourite joke make our list?
- Credit: PA
Today marks tell an old joke day, how many people can you make laugh?
We all know someone who thinks every day is Tell An Old Joke Day but today is the one day of the year where you have to humour it. See what I did there?
Old jokes are an endangered species and that is why today was created, so the chicken can keep crossing the road and we can keep knocking on doors.
If we have had to listen to them time and time again, why should the younger generation miss out?
The oldest joke in the world was a Sumerian joke which dates back to 1900BC – the joke was about breaking wind, something which nearly 4,000 years later still makes us chuckle.
You may also want to watch:
We asked you your favourite old jokes on social media and picked out our favourite 10.
Check to see if your joke made our list.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
If you think you have a better joke leave a comment below, but keep them clean.