Christmas quiz - Can you recognise the TV year from the schedules?
- Credit: PA
You’ve probably seen endless repeats of Christmas TV specials - but can you recognise a year just from the BBC1 schedule?
Test your knowledge in our quiz and see if you can work out which year these Christmas shows were top of the TV pops.
Festive TV has changed massively over the years, from favourites like Billy Cotton’s Christmas Party and Christmas Night with the Stars back in the 1950s to current hits like Mrs Brown’s Boys, Doctor Who and Strictly.
Comedies such as Only Fools and Horses, Gavin and Stacey and Absolutely Fabulous have often provided must viewing for families over the decades.
TV soaps have also often won top ratings. The episode in 1986 when Dirty Den presented Angie with divorce papers for Christmas - an episode which has just been voted the most dramatic moment in British Christmas television history in a UKTV Drama poll.
You may also want to watch:
Many evergreen Christmas shows, such as Morecambe and Wise, are repeated each year, as are classic films like It’s a Wonderful Life.
So, if our poll makes you feel nostalgic, take a look through the TV schedules and see which treats from Christmas past you can enjoy again over the festive season!
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash