The Apprentice: Gavin Winstanley gets the chop
LOSING project manager Gavin Winstanley became the third candidate axed from The Apprentice - and said Lord Sugar made the wrong decision.
Winstanley was fired after his team lost the challenge - this week to buy ten items for the Savoy Hotel as cheaply as possible - by the tiny margin of just �8.
His team spent �1,389.20 on buying six out of 10 items on the list, while rival team Venture got hold of nine out of 10 items and spent �1,381.69.
The 27-year-old, who asked about buying a top hat from a dry cleaners during the task, admitted his team performed poorly.
He chose colleagues Vincent Disneur and Zoe Beresford to face the boardroom showdown with him, accusing the former of winding up his female colleagues and the latter of acting like Disneur’s PA.
You may also want to watch:
But Lord Sugar fired Winstanley, criticising him for his bad leadership and time-keeping.
Afterwards, a ‘gutted’ Winstanley, said he felt the business tycoon made a mistake by not firing Disneur.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
“I thought it may come down to whether Lord Sugar would prefer me or Vincent as his business partner, and with me having the experience of growing my own business I thought he would have gone for me.’’
Winstanley, who was hoping to expand his designer glasses business 123 Glasses with Lord Sugar, tipped rivals Helen Milligan, Jim Eastwood and Susan Ma as the ones to watch in the competition.