The Apprentice: Zoe Beresford the latest to be shown the door
Zoe Beresford saw her dreams of glory on The Apprentice crumble – after biting off more than she could chew in a biscuit-making task.
She was fired after her team failed to notch up any orders for their new brand of baked treats.
But despite clashing with colleagues and admitting to poor decisions on the manufacturing and branding challenge, the 26-year-old insisted she was still a smart cookie.
Team Logic leader Beresford, pictured, sent two colleagues to a biscuit factory while she and skincare entrepreneur Susan Ma worked on packaging.
After coming up with Bix Mix, a product to be snapped in half and shared with friends, a gap began to emerge between the quality of the ingredients used and the premium price chosen.
Beresford hid her disappointment when she first tasted the bog-standard biscuits.
She said afterwards: “I should have said something but at the end of the day I don’t think it was the best idea to go and say actually it’s a rubbish biscuit, don’t sell it.”
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 9 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
Rival Team Venture, led by executive assistant Helen Milligan, secured one order for 800,000 units for their Special Stars after-school treats – an offer that astounded Lord Sugar.