The Apprentice: Zoe Beresford the latest to be shown the door
Zoe Beresford saw her dreams of glory on The Apprentice crumble – after biting off more than she could chew in a biscuit-making task.
She was fired after her team failed to notch up any orders for their new brand of baked treats.
But despite clashing with colleagues and admitting to poor decisions on the manufacturing and branding challenge, the 26-year-old insisted she was still a smart cookie.
Team Logic leader Beresford, pictured, sent two colleagues to a biscuit factory while she and skincare entrepreneur Susan Ma worked on packaging.
After coming up with Bix Mix, a product to be snapped in half and shared with friends, a gap began to emerge between the quality of the ingredients used and the premium price chosen.
You may also want to watch:
Beresford hid her disappointment when she first tasted the bog-standard biscuits.
She said afterwards: “I should have said something but at the end of the day I don’t think it was the best idea to go and say actually it’s a rubbish biscuit, don’t sell it.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
Rival Team Venture, led by executive assistant Helen Milligan, secured one order for 800,000 units for their Special Stars after-school treats – an offer that astounded Lord Sugar.