Popular Suffolk pub wins big at national awards
- Credit: Archant
The team behind a popular Suffolk eatery have won big at a national awards event.
The Unruly Pig was named as having the best front of house team in the country at the Estrella Damm Top 50 Gastropubs awards.
Judges said that staff at the pub would "blow you away" with their knowledge of each dish on the menu.
They added that: "the front of house team nail the perfect balance on how to make you feel like a VIP.
"The teams passion and love for the pub is very visible to see, making The Unruly Pig a very worthy winner for the 2020 Front of House team of the year award."
You may also want to watch:
As well as winning the front of house team award the pub also came 29th in the prestigious Top 50 Gastropub rankings.
Owner Brendan Padfield said: "Joining the company of such other fantastic gastropubs in the list such as the Michelin starred Flitch of Bacon is a real honour for the whole Unruly team and especially Dave Wall our fantastically talented Head Chef."
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
"To have got into such a prestigious national list was prize enough. To get the best ranking in East Anglia is a real honour but to have then gone on to win the special award of 'Best Front of House Team 2020' is an overwhelming privilege and a testament to Amy Challis, our magnificent restaurant manager, and, of course, all the Unruly team.
"The whole event proved quite emotional for us and you can bet therefore we all partied hard into the early hours."