Thetford: Suffolk singer confirmed as special guest for Alfie Boe concert
SUFFOLK singer Laura Wright has been confirmed as Alfie Boe’s special guest performing with him this summer on his two dates as part of Forestry Commission Live Music, including a concert in Thetford Forest.
The former Framlingham College pupil rose to fame as a member of the classical all-girl group All Angels.
Her debut solo album, The Last Rose, a collection of folk music with orchestral arrangements, hit the top spot in the Classical Charts when released last summer.
Her forest appearance will include her guest support set as well as joining Alfie for part of his show.
Alfie has become established as one of the country’s most popular artists with acclaimed, sell-out, live concerts and two Top Ten, platinum-selling albums in the past 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Theatre-goers have witnessed sensational performances in shows such as Les Mis�rables, in the West End, and La Boh�me on Broadway; and with albums like Alfie and Bring Him Home, his interpretation of the most revered and timeless songs has ensured an ever-growing fan base.
Alfie’s forest debut will see him performing from his current albums as well as from classical and proms repertoire and he and Laura will be at Thetford on Friday, July 13, and also at Westonbirt Arboretum, near Tetbury, Gloucestershire, on Saturday, July 21.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 10 Mike Bacon: High stake games just as Blues are starting to click
Tickets cost �35.50 (subject to booking fee) and are available from the Forestry Commission box office tel 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music