Thetford: Tickets to go on sale for Elvis Costello and The Imposters
- Credit: James O'Mara
ELVIS Costello and The Imposters have announced they will perform at Thetford Forest this summer.
This is the sixth and final headline act confirmed to appear in Thetford Forest as part of Forest Live - organised by the Forestry Commission - where an eclectic mix of acts perform in spectacular woodland locations around the country.
Costello, who is considered to be one of the most important singer-songwriters to surface from the punk/New Wave era, will perform on Sunday, July 13. Tickets go on sale this Friday.
With absorbing lyrics and memorable tunes set to his distinctive vocal, he has generated a songbook of classic material including Alison, Watching The Detectives, Pump It Up, Oliver’s Army, I Can’t Stand Up (For Falling Down), Accidents Will Happen, Pills And Soap and Veronica as well as his timeless cover of Good Year For The Roses.
Ever evolving in his musical output, a stream of top five albums like Armed Forces, Get Happy!!, Almost Blue, Imperial Bedroom, Punch The Clock, Spike and Brutal Youth have ensured a formidable chart presence both sides of the Atlantic in a career spanning more than 35 years.
You may also want to watch:
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission, bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship.
Income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forests for both people and wildlife.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 9 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 10 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
Elvis Costello and The Imposters plus guests will be performing at the gig.
Tickets cost £39 (subject to booking fee) and are available from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
For more information visit www.elviscostello.com and www.forestry.gov.uk/music