Thetford: Will Young thrills his fans in the forest
Will Young, Thetford Forest, Saturday
THE evening may have been a tad on the cool side but the dulcet tones of Pop Idol and singing sensation Will Young warmed his adoring followers.
His 90-minute set contained all his old favourites and some of his newer material from his 2011 album Echoes and it had the thousands attending the concert swinging and swaying almost in rhythm to the towering trees that circled the venue and were being blow about by the gusting wind. He quipped that he would clamber off stage and join the audience if the weather took a turn for the worse and even joked that he would not make any reference to the dreaded ‘r’-word in a bid not to tempt fate.
But even a light shower which threatened to turn into a downpour never materialised ... so he never got to mix it with the audience.
However, he did delight them by getting up close and personal during his set by jumping down to get to the front of the arena much to the ecstacy of some of his delighted followers. And there were screams of delight as he carried out two costume changes on stage.
You may also want to watch:
But it was his music and his superb seven-piece backing band which were the highlight of the evening as they rolled out the hits including Grace, Evergreen, Changes, All Time Love, his amazing rendition of the Doors’ hit Light My Fire, and his most successful single in recent years Jealousy. With warm up act singer/songwirter Nerian Pallot it was an amazing evening in many ways.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 10 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay