Thousands celebrate the art of woodwork at Haughley Park
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people have celebrated the wonder of woodwork at a Suffolk park.
The ‘Weird and Wonderful Wood’ at Haughley Park featured all aspects of woodwork, from chainsaw woodcarving to furniture making.
Co-ordinator Tarby Davenport said somewhere between 9,000 and 10,000 people attended over the two days.
She added: “It was brilliant. There was a good atmosphere, everyone was really relaxed.
“We had some amazing furniture makers and wood carvings. Some of it was unbelievable.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that many of those showcasing their talent had already written to her saying how much they enjoyed the event, and had a number of people who had already registered an interest in having a stall for next year’s event.
“Workshops were incredibly popular too,” she added.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
The team behind the event will meet back up in November to plan ahead for next year.