Tom Jones and Boyzone join Newmarket Nights line-up
- Credit: Archant
Singing legend Sir Tom Jones and chart-toppers Boyzone are the latest acts added to this year’s Newmarket Nights line-up.
“I’m really looking forward to appearing at An Evening At The Races this summer. I always have a fantastic time performing to the audiences so it’s my pleasure to be asked to return for another year,” said The Voice coach, who has notched up 36 top 40 UK hits during his 50-plus year career.
Known for songs like Kiss, Delilah, She’s A Lady and It’s Not Unusual, he plays there August 7.
Selling more than 25million records worldwide, Boyzone are one of Ireland and the UK’s biggest boybands.
“There’s nothing Boyzone like more than an evening at the races so we can’t wait to get back to Newmarket for some great nights of music, racing, the odd flutter and a drink or two,” said the group, who are celebrating 20 years together.
You may also want to watch:
Known for songs including Love Me For A Reason, Words and No Matter What, the multi-Brit Award winners perform at Newmarket July 24.
“It’s wonderful news Sir Tom Jones, a Newmarket Nights regular with three appearances on The July Course since 2011, is returning. He is the complete performer and, not surprisingly, they have all been sell-out evenings. Tom loves horseracing and music coming together. As he says ‘win or lose you still have a great time’,” said Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
“Boyzone have also been among the most popular bands to play The July Course over the years. This will be their fourth time. The band is a firm favourite with our audiences and, as the last concert was in 2011, their performance this summer will be a first for me and one I’m looking forward to immensely.”
Acts already announced include Kylie June 19, Madness June 26 and Kaiser Chiefs July 31 with more to be revealed.
With the action kicking off earlier in the evening with six races, tickets for the latest gigs go on sale at 9am, this Friday, at www.thejockeyclublive.co.uk
For the latest entertainment and event news, follow @WhatsonWayne on Twitter.