Trianon need 24 more singers for Great War commemoration concert
- Credit: Archant
Having just completed a successful spring music programme, Trianon Music Group is completing its planning for a major concert at Snape Maltings.
Remembrance and Renewal will commemorate the end of the Great War and serves as a companion programme to the highly successful and much praised 2014 programme by Trianon which marked the beginning of the conflict.
The programme will feature the full symphony orchestra and choir of Trianon in a programme that focuses on music from Great Britain, France, Russia and Germany including Vaughan William’s London Symphony and Duruflé’s Requiem.
The “renewal” element of the programme looks beyond 1918 to women’s suffrage and the jazz age.
Trianon has already signed up a number of guest singers to augment its large choir and there is space for 24 more female and male voices on a first-come-first –served basis. To register your interest, or to find out more phone 01728 860479.
As soon as the places are filled, the list will be closed for the concert at Snape Maltings on September 15.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Major west Suffolk road closed 'for some time' after lorry and car crash
- 6 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk