Two more acts through in popular BurySOUND music competition
- Credit: Archant
Two more acts are through to the grand final of a popular Bury St Edmunds music competition following closely contested heats.
BurySOUND continued with heat three at the Haverhill Arts Centre on Friday, February 8, with The Broccoli King, For the Hornets, History & Lore, Shannon Elsden, Vibration and guest headliners Saving Scarlett.
Cambridge/Bury St Edmunds-based indie-rock five-piece History & Lore were declared winners and will peform in the final at the Apex on Friday, March 8.
The competition came back to Bury for heat four, with The Daze, Humble Narrator, Powderhead, and Sophie Mahon and the Ready Mades performing at the Hunter Club on Friday, February 15, alongside guest headliners Young States.
Sophie Mahon and the Ready Mades came out on top for a spot in the prestigious final next month.
You may also want to watch:
The competition returns for its final heat at Bury’s Hunter Club on Friday, February 22, with Bad Stone, Dusky Sunday, Final Transmission, Limited Time and Substation.
Bury-based rock act Sun Scream will be the guest headliners.
For more information, visit www.burysound.com
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 9 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton