UK: Suffolk rockers The Darkness set to tour with Lady Gaga
SUFFOLK glam-rockers The Darkness have scored a huge coup after being chosen to support Lady Gaga on part of her world tour.
Famous for donning outrageous catsuits, the band will be performing on the European leg of the tour – called the Born This Way Ball.
The reformed band – brothers Justin and Dan Hawkins, Frankie Poullain and Ed Graham – exploded onto the music scene with their number one album Permission to Land which spawned new rock anthems including Love is Only a Feeling, I Believe in a Thing Called Love and Growing on Me.
The Darkness, from Lowestoft, won three Brit Awards in 2004 but split two years later when frontman Justin Hawkins quit.
Lady Gaga will be performing at London’s Twickenham Stadium on September 8 and at Manchester Arena on September 11.
You may also want to watch:
The eccentric star will sing tracks from her most recent album Born This Way as well as previous releases The Fame and The Fame Monster.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology