V Festival: Health advice for festival-goers from the East of England Ambulance service
- Credit: PA
Health bosses are warning people to stay healthy and look after themselves during this year’s V Festival.
Last year’s festival saw ambulance crews treat around 380 people, with 30 of those requiring hospital treatment.
Patients were treated ailments including bee stings, excessive alcohol consumption and fractures.
This year’s festival begins on Friday, August 18, and ends on Sunday, August 20.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust will be on site throughout the weekend to provide medical assistance.
You may also want to watch:
Jon Moore, deputy director for service transformation, specialist operations and resilience, said: “Everyone is looking to enjoy the weekend, so it is important people take care of themselves and their friends so they can have a fantastic time.
“Remember to prepare for all types of weather as historically we know that this can vary throughout the weekend, and stay hydrated, especially if you are consuming alcohol.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
“Drink in moderation and be sure to seek medical attention should you become unwell.
“If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, ensure that you have any necessary medications with you.”
You can keep up to date with EEAST’s movements throughout the weekend by following @EastEnglandAmb on Twitter and eastenglandamb on Instagram.