V Festival line-up announced – officially – for 2017 concerts
- Credit: PA
Pink and Jay Z are headlining a host of stars at this year’s V Festival in Hylands Park, Chelmsford.
The line-up was officially announced this morning, after the top acts were accidentally leaked on Twitter last night.
Pink will appear in Chelmsford on the Saturday night, with Jay Z appearing on Sunday.
Also confirmed to appear at the Essex leg of the pop festival on the first day are Rudimental, Craig David and Jess Glynne.
As previously announced, Pete Tong presents Ibiza Classics performed by The Heritage Orchestra conducted by Jules Buckley will also made a V Festival 2017 appearance.
Pete Tong and Co are due to appear on the Sunday in Chelmsford.
Ellie Goulding and Stormzy are also on the Sunday line-up at Hylands Park under headliner Jay Z, who is married to American R&B singer Beyoncé.
Also appearing across the weekend are the likes of George Ezra, Jason Derulo, Madness, Sean Paul, Dizzee Rascal, James Arthur, Clean Bandit, The Wombats and Sigma live.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
When does it take place?
V Festival runs on Saturday, August 19 to Sunday, August 20 at Hylands Park in Essex – and simultaneously at Weston Park in Staffordshire.
Camping begins on Friday, August 18, for those who want to arrive early.
Who can go?
Under-fives are not permitted. Under-16s must be accompanied by an over-18.
How can I get there?
If you’re already planning how to get to Hylands Park, there are several options.
Shuttle buses will run between Chelmsford railway station and the site, while coaches will also pick up from several locations including Colchester. Ipswich, Bishops Stortford and Norwich.
People can also drive and park at the site, though roads surrounding the venue always become very busy during the festival. One-way systems and temporary 30mph speed limits are also put in place.
There are also pick-up/drop-off points.
When and where do tickets go on sale?
Tickets go on general sale at 9am on Friday, March 3.
Can I take my own food and drink?
Yes, if you are camping. Small, disposable barbecues are permitted in the campsite.
Alcohol and food is not permitted in the main festival arena.