V Festival: Warning to motorists of possible traffic delays
- Credit: � Steve George
Motorists are being warned of possible disruption across Essex during this weekend’s V Festival.
The Highways Agency is advising drivers that it expects the A12 around Chelmsford, the M11 between junctions 7-9, and the M25 from junctions 29-28, to be much busier than usual.
There are also a series of temporary restrictions on roads around the Hylands Park venue throughout the festival weekend of August 15-17.
These include the closure of several roads on the Widford Park and Writtle estates, while gaps between the carriageways along Three Mile Hill, which runs alongside the park, will also be closed.
Three Mile Hill will also be closed northbound from 9pm Saturday until 5am the following day, and from 9pm Sunday until 4pm the next day, and will have a 30mph speed limit for the whole long weekend.
You may also want to watch:
There are also waiting and loading restrictions on other local roads around Writtle.
Nigel Allsopp, Highways Agency events planning manager for the East of England, said: “The campsite opens at midday on Friday and closes at midday on Monday so we expect the run-up to and from these times to be particularly busy.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
“We strongly advise road users to plan ahead and ensure vehicles have sufficient fuel, and plenty of drinks such as water available in the vehicle in case of any delays.”