Video: Film of the week - Attack the Block
BRITISH comedy horror Attack the Block, pitting inner city kids against invading aliens, is the pick of the films out on the big screen this week.
Attack the Block
Duration: 88 mins
You may also want to watch:
Starring: John Boyega, Alex Esmail, Franz Drameh, Leeon Jones, Simon Howard, Jodie Whittaker, Nick Frost, Luke Treadaway, Jumayn Hunter.
Director: Joe Cornish
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 8 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 9 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 10 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
Trainee nurse Sam (Whittaker) is mugged on her way home by wayward lads Moses (Boyega), Pest (Esmail), Dennis (Drameh), Jerome (Jones) and Biggz (Howard).
But the assault is cut short by a meteor shower and when the youths investigate, they come face to snout with a creature from another world.
The kids kill the scary beast and drag its lifeless, furry carcass to the top-floor drug den run by Hi-Hatz (Hunter) and his lay-about door man, Ron (Frost).
But before long a second downpour of meteors heralds more creatures and the lads gleefully grab weapons to attack the aliens which have descended on the unsuspecting south London council estate.
Attack the Block is a fast, funny, frightening action adventure movie which turns a London housing estate into a sci-fi playground, a tower block into a fortress under siege and teenage street kids into heroes.