Video: Film of the week - Burlesque
POP star Christina Aguilera takes her first leading role in a film alongside Oscar winner Cher in musical romance Burlesque.
Genre: Drama, musical
Director: Steve Antin
You may also want to watch:
Starring: Christina Aguilera, Cher, Stanley Tucci, Cam Gigandet
Released: December 17
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Ali (Aguilera) works as a waitress in Iowa but she secretly dreams of stardom beneath the glittering light of Los Angeles.
Thus, she heads for the city where she stumbles upon the Burlesque cabaret bar run by ex-dancer Tess (Cher) and best friend Sean (Tucci), who looks after the costumes.
Ali auditions for a role as one of the dancing girls, and promptly antagonises current leading lady Nikki (Kristen Bell).
She also catches the eye of hunky barman Jack (Gigandet), who already has a girlfriend, as well as local property developer Marcus.
More trouble looms on the horizon - Tess is months in arrears and the club will be sold off unless she can raise a small fortune in the next four weeks.
Can the club be saved?