Video: Film of the week - Burlesque
POP star Christina Aguilera takes her first leading role in a film alongside Oscar winner Cher in musical romance Burlesque.
Genre: Drama, musical
Director: Steve Antin
Starring: Christina Aguilera, Cher, Stanley Tucci, Cam Gigandet
Released: December 17
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 8 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 9 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk costal restaurant
- 10 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
Ali (Aguilera) works as a waitress in Iowa but she secretly dreams of stardom beneath the glittering light of Los Angeles.
Thus, she heads for the city where she stumbles upon the Burlesque cabaret bar run by ex-dancer Tess (Cher) and best friend Sean (Tucci), who looks after the costumes.
Ali auditions for a role as one of the dancing girls, and promptly antagonises current leading lady Nikki (Kristen Bell).
She also catches the eye of hunky barman Jack (Gigandet), who already has a girlfriend, as well as local property developer Marcus.
More trouble looms on the horizon - Tess is months in arrears and the club will be sold off unless she can raise a small fortune in the next four weeks.
Can the club be saved?