Video - Film of the Week: The Adjustment Bureau
NEW Matt Damon thriller The Adjustment Bureau is the pick of this week’s new movie releases...
Film: The Adjustment Bureau
Duration: 105 mins
Starring: Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, Anthony Mackie, Terence Stamp, John Slattery, Anthony Ruivivar, Michael Kelly
Director: George Nolfi
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 3 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 4 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 5 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 6 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 7 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 8 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
- 9 Police seize lorry on A14 after driver had no licence or insurance
- 10 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us?
Matt Damon stars in the thriller The Adjustment Bureau as a man who glimpses the future fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else.
To get it, he must pursue the only woman he’s ever loved across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York.
On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Blunt) - a woman like none he’s ever known.
But just as he realizes he’s falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. David learns he is up against the agents of fate itself - the men of The Adjustment Bureau - who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path - or risk everything to defy fate and be with her.
The Adjustment Bureau is written for the screen and directed by George Nolfi (writer of Ocean’s Twelve, co-writer of The Bourne Ultimatum).
It is based on a short story by Philip K. Dick, the man behind Total Recall, Minority Report and Blade Runner.