Video - Film of the Week: The Adjustment Bureau
NEW Matt Damon thriller The Adjustment Bureau is the pick of this week’s new movie releases...
Film: The Adjustment Bureau
Duration: 105 mins
You may also want to watch:
Starring: Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, Anthony Mackie, Terence Stamp, John Slattery, Anthony Ruivivar, Michael Kelly
Director: George Nolfi
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 9 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us?
Matt Damon stars in the thriller The Adjustment Bureau as a man who glimpses the future fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else.
To get it, he must pursue the only woman he’s ever loved across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York.
On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Blunt) - a woman like none he’s ever known.
But just as he realizes he’s falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. David learns he is up against the agents of fate itself - the men of The Adjustment Bureau - who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path - or risk everything to defy fate and be with her.
The Adjustment Bureau is written for the screen and directed by George Nolfi (writer of Ocean’s Twelve, co-writer of The Bourne Ultimatum).
It is based on a short story by Philip K. Dick, the man behind Total Recall, Minority Report and Blade Runner.