Video/Gallery: Every dog has its day at Trinity Park All About Dogs day
Dog owners had as much fun as their four-legged friends at an event dedicated entirely to canines.
The All About Dogs Show lived up to its title as a horde of hounds and their owners descended on Trinity Park yesterday.
Dogs of all breeds were given the chance to enter fun competitions and be crowned ‘Best in Show’, or to sit back and admire dog training and agility displays, canine security demonstrations and heel-work to music dancing.
Tommy Walsh, of Ground Force fame, popped across from the spring garden show next door to judge an Easter bonnet contest, and was talked into being ‘seized’ and taken down by a German shepherd security dog.
Experts were on hand at the show to discuss any dog-related issues, while owners could spoil their pooches with the latest treats and toys.
You may also want to watch:
The show continues at the venue near Warren Heath today, with more of the same family activities on offer, including agility courses, races, flyball competitions, gundog scurries and even an aquatic long-jump event.
Event marketing executive, Maddie Rustman, said: “We’re so pleased with the turnout so far. The kids love it and it’s perfect weather for dogs - not too hot or cold.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
Entry to the All About Dogs Show includes free admission to the Suffolk Spring Garden Show, which also takes place on Sunday, from 9.30am to 5pm.