Video: Matt Cardle through to X Factor semi-finals
Essex’s X Factor favourite Matt Cardle is one step closer to winning after securing his spot in the semi-finals next weekend.
The 27-year-old of Little Maplestead, near Halstead, was once again highly praised by the judges after his renditions of I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll and Nights in White Satin on Saturday night.
Katie Waissel and Wagner were voted off in last night’s double eviction.
Katie was the first to go after receiving the least votes before Wagner and Mary Byrne faced the sing-off.
The five acts that will now perform in the semi-finals are Rebecca Ferguson, Cher Lloyd, One Direction, Mary Byrne and Matt Cardle.
You may also want to watch:
Also performing on last night’s ITV hit show were new British boyband The Wanted, Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger and US teen sensation Justin Bieber.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket