Video: Matt through to the next round of the X-Factor
BOOKIES favourite Matt Cardle is through to the next round of the X-factor.
The painter and decorator from Halstead in Essex was voted through after performing in the first of the live shows last night.
Taking to the famous stage, in front of the judges, the 27-year-old sang his version of the hit David Guetta song When Love Takes Over.
The first act to leave the show, receiving the least votes, was Nicolo Festa.
Group F.Y.D and Katie Waissel, who is in Cheryl Cole’s category, performed again for the judges in the sing-off with the judges voting to save Katie, making F.Y.D the second act to leave.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing his favourite green hat, the Bookies favourite to win, Matt, who is in Dannii Minogue’s category, wowed the judges.
Simon Cowell said his version of the song was “genius” and would be “a monster hit” if it was released as a single.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
Meanwhile the show saw four X-Factor acts have their hopes of pop stardom revived when they were revealed as the four wildcard acts for the final.
Each of the talent show’s four judges picked one of their rejected acts to return for the live shows.
Treyc Cohen, Wagner, Paije Richardson and duo Diva Fever joined the 12 original finalists performing to the live crowds.