Video: Matt through to the next round of the X-Factor
BOOKIES favourite Matt Cardle is through to the next round of the X-factor.
The painter and decorator from Halstead in Essex was voted through after performing in the first of the live shows last night.
Taking to the famous stage, in front of the judges, the 27-year-old sang his version of the hit David Guetta song When Love Takes Over.
The first act to leave the show, receiving the least votes, was Nicolo Festa.
Group F.Y.D and Katie Waissel, who is in Cheryl Cole’s category, performed again for the judges in the sing-off with the judges voting to save Katie, making F.Y.D the second act to leave.
Wearing his favourite green hat, the Bookies favourite to win, Matt, who is in Dannii Minogue’s category, wowed the judges.
Simon Cowell said his version of the song was “genius” and would be “a monster hit” if it was released as a single.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 7 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 8 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
Meanwhile the show saw four X-Factor acts have their hopes of pop stardom revived when they were revealed as the four wildcard acts for the final.
Each of the talent show’s four judges picked one of their rejected acts to return for the live shows.
Treyc Cohen, Wagner, Paije Richardson and duo Diva Fever joined the 12 original finalists performing to the live crowds.