Violin maestro Kennedy ready to jazz up Latitude
VIOLIN virtuoso Nigel Kennedy is inviting Latitude goers to join him for a night of Duke Ellington’s music.
Created especially for Latitude, his appearance on the Lake Stage on the Thursday night promises to be an exceptional and unique way to kickstart the weekend’s festivities.
He will be playing with his new ensemble of exceptional young musicians, The Orchestra of Life, and his jazz outfit, The Nigel Kennedy Quintet.
The latter is made up of him and four of the most dynamic musicians on the Polish jazz scene, including special guests Orphy Robinson on marimba and Doug Boyle on guitar.
Together they will celebrate the American composer, pianist and prominent figure in the history of jazz, whose music stretched over 50 years – creating an inexhaustible songbook, scoring for movies and world tours.
You may also want to watch:
Kennedy has been one of the world’s leading violin maestros for more than 25 years, crossing classical and contemporary boundaries to become the best-selling classical violinist of all time.
His many awards include Outstanding Contribution to British Music and Male Artist of the Year at the UK Brit Awards. Most recently he has released two albums with The Nigel Kennedy Quintet – 2009’s A Very Nice Album and this year’s SHHH.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
Latitude runs from July 15-18 at the Henham Park Estate in Southwold.