Walkway have a rocking start to the New Year
CLASSIC rock outfit Walkway are playing an exclusive gig at The Railway next Saturday.
The Suffolk and Norfolk four-piece - who also play the Cork Bar, Felixstowe, tonight from 9pm - can’t wait for the free show, which also starts at 9pm.
“What a way to kick off the New Year! We are extremely excited to be playing Ipswich again! Last time we played here the crowd went wild and we really felt the buzz and energy of the entire gig,” says lead guitarist, keyboard player and vocalist Chris Ready.
Formed in 2008, the band - Chris, James Ready on lead guitar and backing vocals, Alex Rosedale on bass guitar and backing Vocals and new drummer Ash Hunn - have toured extensively across the region and beyond.
They reached the semi-finals of last year’s Live and Unsigned UK competition.
You may also want to watch:
A single and self-titled EP have been recorded at Purple Studios in Norwich with further recordings on the way this year and fans can expect to hear new songs On and On, Overrated and Ride at upcoming gigs.
It’s set to be an exciting year for the band, scheduled to play shows across Holland, Germany and the chance to play the legendary Whiskey A Go Go bar in Hollywood, California.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region