Watch Olly the Jack Russell celebrate National Dog Day at Woodbridge’s Seckford Hall
- Credit: Archant
Today marks National Dog Day - a day dedicated to celebrating our four-legged canine friends.
To celebrate the occasion, Jack Russell Olly, was let loose at Seckford Hall Hotel & Restaurant in Woodbridge.
Olly hit the headlines earlier this year at Crufts for performing so badly in the rescue dog agility course.
Few pets can make TV presenter Peter Purves chuckle like Olly did during his stay at the dog-friendly hotel.
A survey carried out by LateRooms, the online accommodation website, found that people find pets to be the biggest barrier to an impromptu break away.
You may also want to watch:
But there are more than 2,400 pet-friendly hotels on offer.
Karen Parker, Olly’s owner, said: “As a family we never like leaving Olly at home when we go on a break, so dog-friendly hotels provide the perfect chance for us all to get away without having to.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
“The facilities at Seckford Hall, like many others that LateRooms offers, are brilliant and it’s reassuring to know that Olly could have as great a time enjoying them as we would.”