Waveney: TV presenter Matt Allwright joins housing officers in BBC show ‘The Housing Enforcers’
- Credit: Archant
Housing officers in Waveney have teamed up with television presenter Matt Allwright for BBC One show ‘The Housing Enforcers’.
The show is a new 45-minute 10-show series that will see Mr Allwright teaming up with Britain’s housing officers to help tenants in need.
The producers, Twofour, worked with Waveney District Council as Mr Allwright joins the ranks as a trainee housing officer, working with his colleagues to search out bad landlords, tackle problem properties, deal with the consequences of nightmare neighbours and come to the rescue of neglected tenants.
Sue Allen, Waveney’s Cabinet Member for Housing said: “This is an interesting opportunity for a national audience to gain an insight into the varied and complex work of housing officers.
“In his role as apprentice, Matt Allwright accompanied our housing officers and saw first-hand how their work can significantly improve the lives of tenants.
You may also want to watch:
“The title of the programme may sound dramatic however the programme itself highlights the important work of the housing officers and its beneficial impact on tenants and the community.”
Mr Allwright said: “It’s been a privilege and an eye-opener to stand alongside some of Britain’s housing teams as they go about their jobs.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
“Some of the living conditions of British residents are beyond belief – unsafe, unhygienic and unacceptable, but the housing enforcers go out of their way to get the best possible outcome for everyone concerned – occupants and landlords.
“If, by being apprentice for a few months, I can show the BBC One audience the frontline of Britain’s housing crisis, I’m happy to go back to the classroom.”
‘The Housing Enforcers’ is aired on weekdays at 9.15am on BBC One, with Waveney officers due to be featured later this week.