Weather: Pack your wellies for Latitude Festival 2012
FESTIVAL-GOERS have been warned to pack their wellies and anoraks when they head for Latitude this week.
The festival, at Henham Park, near Southwold, opens its campsites to the public on Thursday afternoon before the three-day affair gets into the swing on Friday.
But after a wash-out of a weekend and more rain predicted over the coming days, conditions could become challenging across the site as thousands arrive to enjoy the likes of Elbow, Lana Del Rey and Paul Weller.
Expert Chris Bell from forecasters Weatherquest said a weather front would be coming in later this week that would lead to more unsettled conditions, with heavy showers a possibility on Thursday and Friday.
He said: “The story for the days ahead is that the unsettled theme of the summer is going to continue into the weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
The latest travel advice is also available on the Latitude website, www.latitudefestival.co.uk, as well as all other information about the festival.
The final additions have been made to the Latitude line-up, including BBC Radio 2 DJ Dermot O’Leary.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 10 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
For news on Latitude 2012 see our Latitude coverage under the entertainment header.