7 things to do this weekend in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Do you run out of things to do at the weekend? Why not make plans using our guide.
February 10 - 18
West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village, Bury St Edmunds
Take part in a popular Lord of the Rings themed family challenge.
You may also want to watch:
The day is packed of things to do from enjoying the Ring Quest trail, witnessing the huge spiders of Mirkwood and the dragon guarding its treasure. Will you complete the quest to save Middle Earth?
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
Stonham Barns, situated between Ipswich and Stowmarket
The East Anglia Potato Day returns for its 22nd year this weekend.
It will feature more than 80 starchy varieties and opportunities for chip tasting and seed swaps.
There will also be stalls from Ipswich Wildlife Trust, the National Allotment Association, Hedgehog Rescue, and the Stowmarket Beekeepers Association. For more information visit the website.
February 10 - 18
Baylham House Farm, Ipswich
This weekend and during half term Baylham House Farm is packed with things to do to keep you and your family entertained.
You will have the opportunity to cuddle a lamb, groom a pig, meet the Baylham bunnies, groom a goat and build a den.
With so much to do it will be a great day out. For more details visit the website.
Scarecrow making weekend
RHS Garden Hyde Hall, Chelmsford
Bring your family and some old clothes to RHS Garden Hyde Hall this weekend.
Make sure you pre-book and state whether you want a large or small scarecrow.
Large scarecrows are £10 and small are £7. Find out more here.
Half-term Fun at Easton Farm Park
Easton Farm Park, Woodbridge
Why not meet all the new arrivals of Easton Farm Park this weekend?
There are baby goats, lambs, baby guinea pigs, and baby rabbits.
Your child can also enjoy a ride on The Barrel Bug, ride a pony and hug a bunny.
Cheeki Monkeys Big baby and Children’s Market
Moreton Hall Community Centre, Bury St Edmunds
This is your chance to sell and by children’s toys, clothes and equipment.
You can save up to 90% on quality pre-loved goods.
It costs £10 to book a stall. To find out more visit the Facebook page.
Colchester Winter Ale Festival
Colchester Art Centre
If you love ale and cider make sure you head to Colchester this Saturday.
The festival will have over 150 real ales from all over East Anglia plus real cider and perry.
There will also be a Belgian bar offering draught and bottled beers.