Framlingham’s Ed Sheeran has set tongues wagging after arriving at the BRIT Awards wearing what looks like a wedding ring.
- Credit: PA
Suffolk popstar Ed Sheeran arrives at BRIT Awards ceremony - wearing a wedding ring?
The Suffolk troubadourwho attended Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, has fanned the flames of speculation that he has already wed his finacee Cherry Seaborn.
Rumours that the pair had married in secret started on Monday after he was pictured at a gig with a gold band on his wedding finger.
Arriving at the O2 Arena for tonight’s ceremony, the popstar was seen sporting a navy suit and a white rose, an act of solidarity withe the Me Too movement, and of course, that telling piece of jewellery.
Already a multi-BRIT Award winning artist, Ed is nominated for a further four gongs this evening.
You may also want to watch:
His record-breaking third album Divide has been nominated for the Mastercard British Album of the Year prize where he is up against Dua Lipa, J Hus, Rag’n’Bone Man and Stormzy.
The record Divide album has recently completed its 50th week in the top 10 of the UK album charts.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 8 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 9 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
The guitarist, who recently got engaged to girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, is also up for British Single for Shape of You, British Male Solo Artist and British Artist Video of the Year for Shape of You.
Emergent popstar Dua Lipa leads the pack with five nominations.
Hosted by Jack Whitehall, a variety of artists will perform during the ceremony at London’s O2 Arena including Justin Timberlake, Stormzy and Rita Ora, while Ed has announced he will perform his track Supermarket Flowers.
The BRIT Awards will be aired on ITV at 8pm tonight.