Framlingham’s Ed Sheeran has set tongues wagging after arriving at the BRIT Awards wearing what looks like a wedding ring.
- Credit: PA
Suffolk popstar Ed Sheeran arrives at BRIT Awards ceremony - wearing a wedding ring?
The Suffolk troubadourwho attended Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, has fanned the flames of speculation that he has already wed his finacee Cherry Seaborn.
Rumours that the pair had married in secret started on Monday after he was pictured at a gig with a gold band on his wedding finger.
Arriving at the O2 Arena for tonight’s ceremony, the popstar was seen sporting a navy suit and a white rose, an act of solidarity withe the Me Too movement, and of course, that telling piece of jewellery.
Already a multi-BRIT Award winning artist, Ed is nominated for a further four gongs this evening.
His record-breaking third album Divide has been nominated for the Mastercard British Album of the Year prize where he is up against Dua Lipa, J Hus, Rag’n’Bone Man and Stormzy.
The record Divide album has recently completed its 50th week in the top 10 of the UK album charts.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
The guitarist, who recently got engaged to girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, is also up for British Single for Shape of You, British Male Solo Artist and British Artist Video of the Year for Shape of You.
Emergent popstar Dua Lipa leads the pack with five nominations.
Hosted by Jack Whitehall, a variety of artists will perform during the ceremony at London’s O2 Arena including Justin Timberlake, Stormzy and Rita Ora, while Ed has announced he will perform his track Supermarket Flowers.
The BRIT Awards will be aired on ITV at 8pm tonight.