Will Young announces Thetford Forest gig
Hot off the back of a sold-out UK tour - including a visit to the Ipswich Regent - and a number one platinum album, Will Young will play Thetford Forest as part of Forestry Commission Live Music next year.
In the ten years since winning Pop Idol, Young has sold more than nine million records and had hits including Jealousy, Leave Right Now and Changes.
“The forest gigs have a great reputation for their atmosphere so I’m really looking forward to performing my songs in such unique settings,” said the singer, who released his fifth studio album, Echoes, this year.
Forestry Commission Live Music is an independent programme bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship.
Money generated from ticket sales is spent on improving forests for both people and wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
Young plays Thetford Forest, near Brandon, on Saturday, June 16. Tickets go on sale from 9am this Friday.
Plan B has already announced he will play Thetford Forest next June 15 and tickets are on sale now.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Seven observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 loss to West Ham U21s
- 9 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 10 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change