Williams gets Strictly axe as Widdecombe survives again
ANN Widdecombe was yet again saved by the public vote on Strictly Come Dancing last night as US singer Michelle Williams became the sixth celebrity to leave the competition.
Willaims was voted off after her Paso Doble proved as unpopular with viewers as it was with the judges.
They said her dance with partner Brendan Cole “lost balance” and was “very stiff’’.
Public favourite Widdecombe survived despite coming last in the judges’ scores.
Her foxtrot was described as “laboured’’ and “disorientated’’ as she was awarded 20 points out of a possible 40 on Saturday night’s show.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after her elimination, Williams said: “I’m sad about going, but you know, at least I don’t have to worry about being on the bottom two again.
“The best thing has been making friends and dancing with the most amazing dancer, Brendan.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 8 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 9 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'